
The NYX Finishing Powder is a reasonable £9 from most drugstores, and despite choosing to use it over my Natural Collection powder, I do have some mixed views on it! The main thing I want a powder to do is keep me looking matte as long as possible - nobody wants their face to look like a shiny mess. In terms of this, it does a pretty good job. I would still say I need to top up towards the afternoon, but it's certainly the longest lasting powder I've used. It applies nicely and doesn't cake up your makeup at all.
The only thing I can't quite handle with this is the texture. The powder itself is extremely chalky, and if you're a bit like me - that cringes me out slightly. Screw the lid up and it makes a horrible sound/feeling that reminds me of chalk on a chalkboard - I can't stand it!
I've still got mixed feelings about this. I know I'll carry on using it because ultimately it is a great product, I'm just not sure I can repurchase purely because of the texture! What loose setting powders do you recommend?

Lucy x
Oooh I think I'll have to try this - I love Nyx products! Although like you, I have a bit of an aversion to that nails on a chalkboard sound, so I'm not sure how I'll get on with the lid...
ReplyDeleteSophie xxx | Sophar So Good
I have been obsessed with the RCMA No Color Powder lately :)
ReplyDeletexo, Liz
http://lipstickandconfetti.com
Ah I had a shiver as soon as you mentioned chalk haha! I like the RCMA no colour one, or the rimmel loose powder is a nice one too!
ReplyDeleteOlivia / Olivia Roses
The chalky texture sounds so weird!! I do love NYX products and was actually thinking about getting this but now I'm struggling to get my head around the sound of that texture haha! Great photos though!! xx
ReplyDeleteTash | natashatodd.co.uk
I have used this product before but got a bit to messy to travel with and use everyday. I am still on the hunt for the perfect powder!
ReplyDeleteGreyWalls
Wonderful post, love it! ♥
ReplyDeleteMaybe follow for follow? :)
veronicalucy.blogspot.com
I really want to try this out, I am on the hunt for a good setting powder!
ReplyDeleteDanielle xx
http://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/
I use the one by Seventeen and actually really like it. I would defo recommend as it is similarly affordable
ReplyDeleteSophie x | http://sophiehelman.blogspot.co.uk
I can't stand chalky powders so I will pass on this one, I like the Collection Sheer Loose Powder but Gosh do a decent one as well, great review! Thank you for sharing x
ReplyDeleteALittleKiran | Bloglovin