I've always struggled with my skin having frequent breakouts ever since I reached my teens, and subsequently have always been very conscious of it. I have tried every skincare treatment under the sun from vigorous scrubs to homemade remedies. I feel now like my skin is the best it's been in a while and other than age and 'growing out of it' it's down to my current skincare routine.
I went to the doctors a year or so ago and was prescribed a gel called Epiduo for acne. It took a while for my skin to get used to it, it made my skin really dry and sore originally but now it works wonders. The idea is to place the gel on any breakouts every night to help them clear up, and I've found although it doesn't make those pesky spots disappear immediately, it definitely helps them clear up sooner, or if I'm super speedy I can get rid of those dreaded under the skin spots before they surface! Epiduo is the only spot treatment I use, and for the rest of my routine, I strip it right back using Cetaphil's cleanser and moisturiser/moisturising lotion.
Cetaphil is for sensitive skin being soap and fragrance-free and I find that's just what I need. I hate the thought of rubbing lots of nasty chemicals all over my face.
For makeup removing, I'm a big fan of Garnier's micellar water and have repurchased it many times. A couple of pads does the job brilliantly, and any extra makeup left over is soon taken off with cetaphils cleanser.
I think, especially being a blogger, it's very easy to get caught up in a big extravagant skincare routine which involves lots of steps with lots of different products, and while I have no doubt it works for some, sometimes I think less is more. I've found a very simple non-time-consuming routine and my skin is loving me for it. What's your go to skincare routine? Do you have any holy grail products?

<3333 great review!
ReplyDeletelove this post!
Karolina Gerspucci
I am obsessed with the Garnier micellar water, it makes my face feel so clean and gets every last scrap of makeup off, it's great! xo
ReplyDeleteohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk
Great tips! I'll be popping into my chemist and getting these haha x
ReplyDeletewww.beckieeschle.com
I love the Micellar water! It's amazing for taking off makeup!
ReplyDeletexx, A Little Dose of Makeup
My skincare routine is extremely minimal, so I love this. I find the Cetaphil products to be super soft and gentle, but I don't love them because I find that they do nothing :(
ReplyDeleteV
I use Cetaphil, My bad skin caused me to have to go beyond the doctors and head to the hospital, I was on roaccutane for 6 months, it was a bummer! lovely post girly and I'm glad these products help with troubled skin!!x
ReplyDeleteAimeeSueXO
Bloglovin
I try to use as natural products as I can due to my very sensitive skin
ReplyDeleteLauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com
I really want to try the Micellar Water!
ReplyDeleteRakel ♥ www.alovelystyle.com
love garnier micellar water! great for getting excess makeup off!
ReplyDeleteHannah at WRITTEN BY HANNAH
I use the Garner micellar water everyday to wipe my makeup. I like Bioderma but I feel you get more value of money out of this given the bottle size. Another skincare staple is La Roche Posay's Effeclar Duo spot treatment. That helps with my breakouts like no other x
ReplyDeletebohorush.blogspot.com
I've been using the Miceller water for a while now and I'm totally in love! I've been using the one with the blue cap that is a little more oily but I'll have to try this one out! Cetaphil is some good stuff, seriously. As an esthetician I've never heard of anyone having problems with it and it's what my boyfriend uses!
ReplyDeletexo katiechamel