5 ways to get into the festive spirit
Friday, 1 December 2017
Urm, how is it December already?! As I get older, the years seem to fly by quicker and quicker. Despite not being a massive fan of winter, Christmas is up there with one of my favourite times of the year. The music, the food, the love - I love every little bit of it. But I know for some people, getting into the festive spirit might not be so easy. Here's 5 ways that might help you feel a little bit more christmassy...
Watch a Christmas movie. A few weeks ago Jamie and I went to see Daddy's Home 2 in the cinema. Christmas movies are the best kind of movies. My personal favourites being the likes of Elf, Arthur Christmas and of course Home Alone. They're sure to help.
Do some Christmas baking. One very important aspect about Christmas is the food. Go and bake some Christmas goodies! I'm eager to make some classic gingerbread men this year. Who know's maybe I'll try and go for the full on gingerbread house!
Go Christmas light hunting. I love heading out near christmas to go and look at all the Christmas lights. When I was younger there was a house which must have had the biggest electricity bill ever known to man because it's whole house was decked out for charity. It's magical!
Go for a walk. Of course, this can be done any time, but going for a walk in the brisk cold air helps me feel a little more festive. Christmas is about relaxing, taking some time off and getting away from everything - a walk with a loved one does just that!
Go Christmas Shopping. This might not be for everyone - stress levels can get pretty high when the town is packed, but I do love a bit of Christmas shopping. I tend to get a lot of my presents online nowadays but I love a trip to town, especially on a late night shopping night just to have a wander and get a hot chocolate at the end of it if nothing else!
Hopefully these suggestions will help you get into the festive spirit. What are your favourite ways to feel a bit Christmassy??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

Christmas baking always works for me haha xx
ReplyDeleteGemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️
Baking always gets me into the festive mood!
ReplyDeleteCandice | Beauty Candy Loves
Christmas music always gets me in the festive spirit! I think I'm going to put my tree up tonight :) x
ReplyDeleteTiffany Tales | Lifestyle & Beauty
Christmas movie is definitely one of my favourite ways to get into the Christmas spirit too! Home Alone or Love Actually are always winners...preferably accompanied with a Christmas baked good! xx
ReplyDeleteSophie | Sophar So Good
Elf is my fave Christmas movie, I plan to watch it today and every day if this is possible!! xx
ReplyDeleteYiota
PinkDaisyLoves
Christmas baking and music always gets me in the spirit. I just love the festive season!! x
ReplyDeleteamerzwithlove.com
I feel like Christmas movies are always the thing to get me into the Christmas spirit. Love Actually will always be my favourite!
ReplyDeleteDanielle xx
http://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/
Christmas movies always put me in the Christmas spirit.
ReplyDeletehttp://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/