5 ways to get into a better headspace
Tuesday, 7 November 2017
Some days I wake up, and I feel a little bit shitty. No particular reason for it, other than hormones maybe! My headspace isn't great and I don't feel up to talking to people or getting anything done. Having a horrible headspace is something I've accepted now - it happens from time to time and I've come up with a few little rituals or jobs I can do to help get myself out of that zone.
Tidy up. I don't know what it is about having a tidy up but it makes me feel so much better - I like to clear up my room, sort through a few drawers, refold all my clothes. Anything that involves cleaning or sorting helps clear my head too.
Plan your week. Being organised and knowing what I'm doing and when is a massive help. I like to have everything written down so I can see it in front of me. It helps me feel prepared for what's to come in the week.
Exercise. I love to head to the gym or play a bit of Netball too - everyone knows the wonders of exercise and although it sounds like a horrible idea at first, I feel so much better afterwards.
Relax. Sometimes I like to get out and do stuff, other times I simply need a bit of a chill and self-care. Read a book, run a bath, watch some netflix, anything that's going to calm and relax you.
Speak to someone. I know I said I don't feel like speaking to anyone, but a lot of the time telling people this is how I'm feeling today does help. I'll drop my mum a message just to let her know I'm having one of those days, and it helps lift off that tiny bit of weight on my shoulders. Often speaking to someone doesn't mean meeting up in person with them, just sending them a quick message, and it does the world of good.
Most importantly when you're having one of these days, I think it's about accepting it and embracing it. We can't feel 100% ourselves all the time and that's completely and utterly ok. It's good to 'waste' one day to get back on your feet and back on track for the next one, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

Cleanlyness is super important and helps me think!
ReplyDeleteCandice | Beauty Candy Loves
This a great post, just what I needed to read!
ReplyDeleteLotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk
These are really good tips. I swear by exercise for sure. Whenever I have a headache or I'm stressed out I just go running and it gets cleared out.
ReplyDeletehttp://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/
Great post, totally agree with all your tips. A good clearout is great!
ReplyDeleteEmma Reverie de Paris
These are such great tips! It's funny how much a tidy space and exercise helps me!
ReplyDeletexo, Elisabeth
http://elisabethhayes.com
no matter how much i dont feel like exercising, i always feel a million times better afterwards so im definitely right behind that one!
ReplyDeletebloody love a good tidy up too. i found a really love pin on pinterest the other day that said 'flowers don't bloom all year round so don't expect yourself to either' ♥♥
katie. xx lacoconoire.com
Relaxing and having some 'me' time works for me and also taking a walk and being outside, I love to be outside and enjoy nature :)
ReplyDeleteYiota
pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com
Cleaning is always a good idea! Nothing makes me feel better than being productive, and cleaning just feels so therapeutic - never fails to make me feel better x
ReplyDeleteAriadna || RAWR BOWS
I have my mornings like this too, you just feel bad and there might not even really be a particular reason for it. I think cleaning up and feeling organized helps, as well as getting outside to enjoy nature. Fresh air cures almost anything xx
ReplyDeleteSending light & love your way,
My Lovelier Days
Tidy up is my most favourite when I really need to clear my head ! xx
ReplyDeletewww.hairwonderfulday.com
Tidy up is such a big one! I don't realise how much having a messy space affects me.
ReplyDeleteLEXI LIKES
I love all of these ideas. I try and plan my week as much as possible and that helps to de-stress me a lot and I completley agree with you - nothing helps better than having a good old tidy up and clear out!! Just found your blog btw and loving it!
ReplyDeleteHannah x
www.hannahandtheblog.com
Some really great advice here, I find tidying really therapeautic and if that fails some me time definitely helps - even just painting my nails xx
ReplyDeleteIoanna | Hearting.co.uk