------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When a happy couple invite you to watch them tie the knot,
firstly, it’s a lovely and exciting privilege. However, once the sentiment has
worn off comes the outfit panic. What do you wear to a wedding?! There are so
many unwritten rules to consider. Wearing black is morbid, wearing white is
controversial and anything low-cut will have your Grandma disowning you!
House of Fraser has a great range of cute bridesmaid dresses that are worth a look, but in the meantime, I am going to run through some key tips for looking knockout, sophisticated and photo-friendly!
Pastel palette
When it comes to the dress, pale pastel is the palette to
stick to. A shocking pink or neon is arguably too much for family portraits,
and though you want to stun, you don’t want to draw the attention away from the
main wedding party.
Luckily pastels are
trend of the summer, so you’ll look fashion forward, whilst fitting in to the
guest wedding code! I chose this Coast
Bandeau Dress.
Feature jewellery
Unlike your regular meals with friends or nights out, you
want your wedding look to have that something special. A metallic watch like
this Michael
Kors number is perfect for
complimenting pastel colours, but equally stops your outfit from being too
overtly feminine. Really, any statement metallic jewellery is a must!
Opt for strappy
Another trend you can’t escape this season, are strappy
heels. Whilst you will have to get a
pedicure, it’ll be worth it – as these Kurt
Geiger Isabella heels couldn’t be more in style. The added bonus is that
with a long day of standing, sandals allow your feet to stay comfortable and
fresh!
Hold a clutch
A further feature you need to finish of your look is a bag.
I would definitely advise a clutch, as you don’t need to bring much aside from
your invite and lippy. I personally love this leather-look Linea
Eva Clutch, but really when it comes to which clutch, so long as it
compliments your outfit, you can’t go wrong!
Whilst different weddings may have different dress-codes, and the weather determines your style too, I find that generally these four points will send you in the best possible direction for looking sophisticated and stylish on the day. Happy wedding!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definitely agree with the pastel rule! I also think it's impotant to be comftable, horrible having to spend all day in an uncomftable dress or shoes!
ReplyDeleteStevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
xxx
I love the shoes
ReplyDeletemollyrosecleaver.blogspot.com
The watch is so cute!
ReplyDeletethis is such a pretty dress! and the watch is amazing!
ReplyDeletealso, i'm hosting a GIVEAWAY on my blog at the moment with a mac lipstick of your choice up for grabs so be sure to check it out! UK only though!
katy x
GIVEAWAY
That dress is amazing, I am all about the pastel shades!
ReplyDeleteBrunette in Louboutins A fashion & lifestyle blog.
love the watch! :D
ReplyDelete