
One thing I wanted to do in 2017 was read more. I love reading and the feeling of never wanting to put a book down, but constantly find other things like trawling through social media getting in the way. When Christmas came around and I was gifted with a couple of new books for my collection, I decided to start one straight away, rather than save them for a summer holiday like I normally do.
The first read of the new year has been completed already, and I'm actually really proud of myself! I'm hoping I can keep it up throughout the coming months, and maybe aim for 12 books for the year. The Girl Who Lied by Sue Fortin is about a young woman called Erin, who when she was young moved out of her quite close-knit village in Ireland, to the big city of London. She's always believed that she hated home, but when her dad has an accident putting him in Hospital, she finds that's not necessarily the case anymore. Throughout the story we discover a secret about Erin that is perhaps the reason she hates her old village so much, and the secret could soon come out.
Although labelled as a thriller, it's certainly a 'softer' thriller of those I've read although that doesn't detract from it at all. I really enjoyed this book, I am a big lover of thrillers, and books with lots of twists which this certainly has. At the same time, I do love a romance book from time to time, and what I loved about this book was that it had a story of romance alongside it too. It mixed the two genres perfectly and kept me hooked!
Have you given this book a read? Do you have any suggestions for what I could read next?
Thanks for such a great suggestion, i am pretty interested to find and read this book, love the theme xox
ReplyDeletewww.theninebyivana.blogspot.com
Glad to ear it Ivana!
DeleteRomance and thriller? Sounds perfect to me! I'm trying to read more this year too, finding little pockets of time to devour a few pages, it's been so worth it. Problem is my reading list seems to be getting longer not shorter! oops!
ReplyDeleteSarah :)
Saloca in Wonderland
It's well worth a read! I've been trying to read before I sleep at night, I'm loving it so much! Nothing wrong with that, haha!
DeleteI like the sound of this and actually prefer 'softer' thrillers, putting this on my to read list!
ReplyDeleteRebecca Coco
I think sometimes it's nice to have something a bit lighter to read!
DeleteThey say don't judge a book by it's cover, but I totally do and this looks like the kind of cover that contains something I'd definitely want to read! The last book I read was a very gritty thriller, so something softer might be an idea for my next read!
ReplyDeleteMilly
Mini Adventures
Haha, I am always judging books by it's cover!xx
DeleteLucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk
This sounds like the sort of book I would enjoy, a mix of thriller and romance. Sounds very interesting, I love a good plot twist.
ReplyDeletePS: If you're looking for a way to stay on top of your reading goal you could try Good Read's Reading Challenge. xx
http://cocobellablog.com
Glad to hear it demilade - I love a plot twist too!xx
DeleteLucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk
Nice review, I love your blog, you have a new follower
ReplyDelete♥
Thank you rachel!!xx
DeleteIn my few new resolutions for 2017 was to read more too but it seems impossible at the moment, I am so busy every day but I want to find some time on the weekends. Thank you for your recommendation!
ReplyDeleteYiota
PinkDaisyLoves
It was one of mine too - I would reccomend reading just before you sleep for a wind down - works great for me!xx
DeleteLucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk
Feels like a really good book to read! I'm going to searh for it ♥
ReplyDeletewww.heresometimes.com
Hope you find it!xx
DeleteI love secrets and I love the sound of this book, thank you for sharing xxx
ReplyDeleteALittleKiran | Bloglovin
Sounds perfect for you then!xx
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete