I'm still alive, I haven't posoined myself
It seems so crazy to me still that I'm here, on my own for the next three years building my future. I already feel so different as a person than what I did a few weeks ago. There have been tears, lots of burnt food, long boring lectures but there's been a lot of fun too, and after just a couple of week I thought I could share the top 12 things I've learnt so far:
- 1. If you're feeling homesick, go out and do something.
- 2. Don't leave biscuits and other fattening snacking foods in your room, you will eat them.
- 3. It's 100% okay not to go out every night of freshers.
- 4. It's 110% okay to want to get early nights!
- 5. Everybody is lovely, be brave and talk to people... make friends!
- 6. You can't live on pasta and noodles for the rest of your life.
- 7. Sometimes the best nights are those unplanned.
- 8. Start the semester as you mean to go on, be organised and work your butt off.
- 9. Make an extra effort with everything you do.
- 10. Fresher flu is real. And you WILL catch it.
- 11. Cover your room with photos and bring as many teddies as you like.
- 12. Do what YOU want to do.. you're here for yourself!

Good luck at Uni! The best nights are definitely the spontaneous unplanned ones! xx
ReplyDeleteA Fashion Tale // UK Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
Thank you!! :) xx
DeleteTotally agree with you with what do when you feel homesick! During my first few months I felt quite homesick and instead of going out and keeping myself busy I would just skype my parents for hours everyday, which just made it worse! Getting to know people and making your own little family is the best way to fight homesickness! x
ReplyDeleteAriadna || RAWR BOWS
That's definitelt the worst thing to do! I soon realised sitting in my room wasn't helping, so even just sitting in the kitchen with the flat occassionally popping in and out helped me!XX
DeleteI think I learnt all of these things in my first year as well. I used to cry in my room during the first week a lot when I was missing home but going out, meeting new people and getting involved really helps. And freshers flu is definitely a thing and you WILL get it every year regardless of whether you're a fresher or not haha. x
ReplyDeleteMegan | http://www.meganjean.co.uk
I am definitely not looking forward to freshers flu for the next 2 years!!
Deletecouldn't agree with number 4 more!
ReplyDeletelove katy @ THE RAWRDROBE x
Glad to hear it!x
DeleteLove this! I remember when I started uni I used to be so homesick and I wish I had joined a society or club or something to keep me busy. Also, ugh Fresher's Flu! So glad I don't have to experience that anymore haha. I'm now following you on Bloglovin' : ) xx
ReplyDeleteJessie | allthingsbeautiful-x
It's definitely important to keepon your feet!! Haha! Thank you lovely x
DeleteReally great lessons learned her Lucy! Wish I had known some of these back when I was a first year x
ReplyDelete| www.ibelieveinromeo.com
I bawled my eyes out the night I moved to uni. Now I've graduated and moved back home I miss it to bits - I adored every minute. Best of luck with your new adventure - you will love it! x
ReplyDeleteUnder Blue Lights
This is such a good post! I'm thinking of making a post about like 'overall uni tips' x
ReplyDeletewow I can totally relate to this post!! x
ReplyDeletewww.elizabethangelia.blogspot.com