Day two was probably the busiest day of the lot, we woke up bright and early and headed down the island using the subway. We managed to hop on a free ferry which went past Staten Island so we could get a glimpse of the Statue of Liberty. Then we walked up to Ground Zero, a really surreal and chilling moment. It's awful to think of that horrible day, but it really is such a beautiful way to commemorate all those lost. I took the image below because my dad, who had visited and gone up the twin towers many years ago, told me you could once look up this gap and see the towers, where now there is a gap.
We finished day two eating out at Ellens Stardust Diner - a definite must visit if you ever go to NY. It's a completely different dining experience where you are sung to by the waitors and waitresses, all working there while they wait to try and make it on Broadway. It was so much fun!
New York must be amaziiiiiiiiiiiing! And so are your pictures dear! :)
ReplyDeleteSimimaus
Ah so jealous! Love travel posts :)
ReplyDeleteSarah | More Than Adored
Looks so amazing! I really want to go to New York, ah my god I would be such a tourist whilst there though! I love these posts, I feel like I'm vicariously living your holiday aha x
ReplyDeletelibbyajde26.blogspot.co.uk
Ah New York looks amazing I'm so jealous! The diner sounds like so much fun and Grand Central looks incredible :)
ReplyDeleteBecki | www.beautyandthebrunette.co.uk
xxx
I visited America (Florida) for the first time last week and I LOVED it, I really want to visit New York and your photos aren't helping my longing!!! Jealous!
ReplyDeleteMusings & More
Preciosas y emotivas imágenes
ReplyDeleteDecoracion de Interiores
This sounds amazing! I want to go to this diner it sounds so much fun! x
ReplyDelete