And the obsessions continues.. If you've been reading my blog for a while you'll know that I am well and truly obsessed with Barry M and their nail varnish range, I buy almost every single collections and don't be fooled, the silk collection was no different.
I got the whole collection apart from one colour - Truffle, which I felt I just didn't particularly like nore did I feel it would suit me. The shades I did get were Blossom - a gorgeous pastel pink, Heather - a light purple shade, Pearl - perfectly named as it is literally pearl colour, a shimmery white, Meadow - a pretty pastel light green, and finally Mist - a gorgeous sky blue shade. Each polish has a silk effect to them, which gives off a slight shimmer/shine.
The application of the polishes, as always with Barry M, are very easy, I prefer to use two coats whenever I paint my nails, although one will do fine for all, other than Pearl, which due to it's lighter colour, can come off a bit sheer at times. The lasting power is also similar to Barry M's other nail varnishes, with a top coat they can last a solid 5 days, give or take a few days depending on what you do! My favourite shade has to be Blossom as I haven't stopped wearing it since, it's the perfect girly shade. I feel the collection has Spring/Summer written all over it and was released at just the right time, and with each bottle retailing at £3.99 it's a win win situation!
Pros:
- cheap
- perfect for spring/summer
- good lasting power
Cons:
- sometimes requires a few coats


The pastels shades are really lovely :o) Xx
ReplyDeleteMakeup by Candlelight
these look so amazing! the pros definitely outweigh the cons
ReplyDeleteive recently done an outfit post, which i'd love for you to check out
http://georgianicolaou.co.uk
I adore Barry M, they are the definite king of nails among bloggers! These colours are so gorgeous, not quite pastel but equally as cute!
ReplyDeleteImogen
www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk
Gorgeous colours for Spring/Summer!
ReplyDeleteZandra // AZTEC DOLL Fashion & Beauty Blog
Ooo all of these colours are amazing! Especially the light green, you may have persuaded me to buy it! Rebeka x
ReplyDeletewww.rebekataylor.blogspot.co.uk
I loooooove the blue colour! I may just have to go out and buy some for myself :)
ReplyDeletei've just set up my own blog and it'd be fab if you could check it out! x
http://chantellebaker.blogspot.co.uk/
love all the colors!
ReplyDeleteI really love Mist and the green one. Buy the way i featured your blog into mine, if you'd like, check it out here: http://pursuingadreamcalledlife.blogspot.it/2014/05/what-has-been-going-on-on-my-blog-april.html
ReplyDeleteMichelaxx
these look so pretty!
ReplyDeleteplease take a look at my blog:)
http://takethetimeto-dream.blogspot.co.uk/
Love wearing greens and blues on my nails!
ReplyDeletewww.britishbeautyaddict.com
these look so cute!
ReplyDeletelove a good nail polish!
great blog.
www.bloggedbybrogan.blogspot.com